Friday 20 February 2015

5 on Friday

Hey y'all

Thought I would partake in five on Friday this week.  Here I have five things I have learned while being on my own with my kids.

1.  11 days without my husband is a really long time!  He flew out to Europe on the 7 th February and didn't get back till the 18th.  I managed without him, but it is not something I would choose to do again any time soon.  I know these things can't be helped, and I know a lot of other people who go a lot longer without seeing their husbands.  But it was hard.  We work so much better as a team, and our lives are happier when we are together

2. My kids are awesome...... And very hard work!  Give them their dues, they step up when necessary. There were times they were brilliant.  Other times they were a nightmare...... Money are brilliant in public, yet at home, they can make things very difficult.  Thank goodness I didn't have any uni work, or deadlines to meet, otherwise I would have struggled.

3.  Sewing calms me down.  After hard days with my small children, there is nothing more relaxing than getting the sewing machine out.  I am working on a quilt for one of the boys.  It is my first attempt. 


And not a usual quilt.  It is a learning process, but is quite enjoyable....  I have also started doing some cross stitch on the nights that it is too late to get the sewing machine out.  Very calming

4. South Carolina really can't handle winter weather.  So the boys were already off on Monday for Presidents' Day.  Monday afternoon it started snowing/ sleeting/ ice raining, and continued for 10 hours.  

                              

We awoke on Tuesday to a good inch of snow/ ice. My kids loved being off for the day.  I didn't mind it.  But when it was announced they would be off Wednesday.......  Well, it was a very long time......  I was relieved this morning when they started school at the normal time, unlike the county schools.  The roads were quiet, and pretty safe too. I think they were more than ready to get back to school.

5. I am exceptionally glad we have found a babysitter.  We only found her last year, I got talking to her mum in the local store, she said her daughters loved our boys, I asked if she would babysit, and it went from there.  She is a college student and lives on our subdivision. She has sat in the evening when Paul and I have gone out, when Paul has been away, she has sat for 2 of the boys while I took the other to sports.  But she came into her own on Wednesday night.  Paul's flight was delayed, and I was able to call her to come and sit the kids.  She came an hour later, the kids were in bed, and I was able to head out and get Paul in freezing temperatures without having to drag the kids out.  We are so lucky to have found her!  (If anyone local wants her number, let me know, and I can pass it on!)

That's my five this Friday.  Have a good weekend!



                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment